Sunday, January 16, 2011

Pedal to the Metal

I recently purchased a new Kustom amp, and to all you music lovers, I can tell you its a great buy for its price range and size. I rarely even turn the volume up past 25%, coz' even at 20% its so loud and sweet.
However I have encountered a minor setback, that is, even on full Gain the distortion is somewhat subtle and light. I typically jam to bands like Avenged Sevenfold and Trivium, so it doesn't seem to fit the situation. Being hard rock and metal inclined, an add-on is required to enhance the audio to get the sound that I want. That add-on saved my life. Its my brothers Digitech RP50.

 
With 40 preset combinations of various amp models and effects such as Delay, Reverb and Compression, another 40 customizable presets to mix around and have fun with, the RP50 saved the day. All I had to do was dial in my desired amp model and turn up the Compression to the max, and I had a tone that completely blew me away. Switching to another preset just takes the push of either of the blue over-sized buttons, which I use to instantly switch to my own custom Acoustic preset. With a brand new quality amp like my Kustom, the RP50 turned it into a crunch monster ripe for the shredding. Simply righteous.

However I did encounter a slight problem: an annoying background humming noise created when I turned the Compression up to full. My brother suggested buying a Noise Gate(not sure exactly what that is) which is supposed to remove this undesired background noise. Well, it sounds costly. Maybe I'll look into it when I'm done with my exams....

No comments:

Post a Comment